#1 30-01-2013 11:57

Foxtrot

GTA SA patching / Cleo installation

Hey all it has been a long while since I last posted here.

Since my last post I haven't played the game much at all and now after getting a new pc with Win7 Ultimate I have re-installed the game and have down patched it to v1 US and have installed Cleo 3.

Now, the problem I'm having is when I try to run the game after Cleo has been installed with ELMS v8 the game tries to load and a disc icon appears where my cursor should be but then it vanishes and the game doesn't load at all, so crashing to the desktop.
Before that the screen goes black for a second and then the game tries to load.

I have uninstalled both Cleo, the game and all mods and have re-installed them a good few times but for some reason the game still doesn't run.
Now, I have tried it without Cleo or mods installed and the game runs fine.

However I think I may have noticed something, I don't think the patch worked at all.
I have downloaded the patch from Gamefront (Recommended patch) and have patched it, and when I had done so when I last did it, the patch version was labeled on the in-game menu and now its not there at all.

Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT:
I have downloaded the compact version and have tested it with Cleo 3 & 4. it works however it doesn't work after I install the ELMS mod which is v9.
Once I had installed and tried it with ELMS installed it just stopped working completely. Meaning the game doesn't start at all.

Any ways of fixing this?

EDIT:

Finally got it working. Problem was the American.txt.backup, I didn't place the new American.txt into the folder grin

Last edited by Foxtrot (30-01-2013 13:24)

Board footer