#1 18-06-2009 13:32

angeloelibz24

Problem editing old CLEO mods

As what the title suggests, I'm having problem at editing some CLEO mods made using a previous SB version. I couldn't edit them because the scripts can't be decompiled properly for some reason.

Take Ryosuke dude's CLEO mods as examples (see link below). Not sure if he did use old version of SB on this one, but like the case of the old CLEO mods if you try to decompile it and re-compile it the whole thing will screw up big time even if you didn't change anything in the code at all.
http://gtasamod.web.fc2.com/cleomod/

Should I disable/enable other options other than the "Add extra info to SCM" option to decompile the CLEO mod properly, or should I really need an older version of Sanny Builder (which I doubt is still available)? By asking here, I'm hoping to get a good answer this time.

Last edited by angeloelibz24 (18-06-2009 13:34)

#2 18-06-2009 16:43

Alien

Re: Problem editing old CLEO mods

All scripts of Ryosoke are protected from decompiling by inclusion in a script of the extraneous information, the unknown to game and the SB. All is made so that execution has never reached this extraneous information (it is for example inserted after opcode 0A93). Thus the script remains serviceable, but becomes inaccessible to decompiling.
To bypass this protection it is possible, having switched on in debugging options SKIP_SCM_HEADER and IGNORE_UNKNOWN. In this case all unknown part of a code will be presented in the form of a byte-code concluded between hex...end.

#3 19-06-2009 05:30

angeloelibz24

Re: Problem editing old CLEO mods

GOOD. This might help solve those CLEO mods my cousin made herself, 'cause the problem is identical to Ryosuke's -- she might have implemented the same protection. Tried contacting her about the CLEO mods, but she's too busy at stuff, so I turned to these forums for help.

thx for the info

Last edited by angeloelibz24 (19-06-2009 05:31)

Board footer