#1 29-02-2020 12:58

InvisibleMan

How to disable the Infinite Ammo bonus given upon 100% completion?

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to mod GTA San Andreas.

Please, could someone tell me, how I can edit main.scm to disable the infinite ammo bonus, given when you complete the game 100%?

Or maybe there's a mod somewhere I'm not aware of? Would be great!

I was using Sanny Builder and couldn't find any variable I could change or logical condition checking I could change, to  accomplish it.

The Infinite Ammo bonus ruins everything... it makes it boring, and no need to invest money into weapons.

Yes, I know that with a savegame editor, I could change my percentage from 100 to less, after completing the game, but I'd really like to avoid doing something like that (plus I like seeing 100% in my statistics).

The thing is, I was trying to make the game more challenging (and earning money a necessity).
I found a way to edit main.scm with Sanny Builder (and shopping.dat editing) to make money more necessary to complete the game.

I even found a mod that limits the max ammo you can carry around (instead of 9999 or more).

If only I could disable this Infinite Ammo bonus, it would be perfect.

Last edited by InvisibleMan (29-02-2020 16:55)

#2 29-02-2020 16:00

InvisibleMan

Re: How to disable the Infinite Ammo bonus given upon 100% completion?

Update.

So far I managed to do that percentage lowering trick without a need to edit the savegame file!

It's a lot better, but not perfect (I didn't want to mess with the percentages, if it can be done easier).

The downside of my current implementation is that in the stats there will be said that the game is 99.47% complete, after finishing all the tasks.

What's good is that you still the message for the 100% completing the game, and all other bonuses (money, stats, Rhino and Hydra at CJ's first safehouse).
But no Infininte Ammo bonus!

(I'm starting to suspect it's hardcoded in the game... But I really hope it's not the case!)

If anyone is interested, how to implement it so that you get no Ammo Bonus
(statistics display 99.47% when you actually 100% the game),
I will show what to change in the main.scm file with the help of Sanny Builder.

Of course, since main.scm is changing, you'd have to start a new game!

I tested everything by using this code (temporarily putting it on continuous execution)

030C: progress_made = 1 

enough times to make it seem as if I completed all 187 separate tasks in the game (each adds some percentage to the progress).

Now, what to change to disable the Infinite Ammo bonus:

In this section of the code you should change the "set_max_progress" value:

//-------------MAIN---------------
thread 'MAIN' 
fade 0 0 
042C: set_total_missions_to 147 
030D: set_max_progress 187 
0997: set_total_respect_points_to 1339 

It should be set to 188 like this:

030D: set_max_progress 188 

In this section of the code you should change the "$STAT_PERCENTAGE_COMPLETED" condition checking value:

:COLLS_832
if 
  $_100_PERCENT_COMPLETE == 0 
else_jump @COLLS_994 
if 
  $STAT_PERCENTAGE_COMPLETED >= 100.0 
else_jump @COLLS_994 

It should be set to 99.3 like this:

:COLLS_832
if 
  $_100_PERCENT_COMPLETE == 0 
else_jump @COLLS_994 
if 
  $STAT_PERCENTAGE_COMPLETED >= 99.3 
else_jump @COLLS_994 

Note:
Sometimes Sanny Builder shows "jf" instead of "else_jump" in the code, but it does the same thing.

#3 05-04-2020 04:54

Seemann

Re: How to disable the Infinite Ammo bonus given upon 100% completion?

solution provided in the Russian version of this topic
https://sannybuilder.com/forums/viewtop … 182#p29182

Board footer