#1 06-12-2007 23:07

ZAZ

sascm.ini and param order

By creating opcode.txt to be able convert MB>SB,
does it overwrite the sascm.ini ?

Im wondering that my compiled script works fine
I use in MB mostly sascm.ini of 1.sep.2005, with this I created the opcode.txt

08D4: @512 = create_panel_with_title 'MENU_18' position  400.0  20.0 width  200.0 columns  1 interactive  1 background  1 alignment  0

to darkpact my script I use sascm.ini of 8.june2005

08D4: 'GRAV_2F'  400.0  20.0  200.0  1  1  1  0 @512

Plyntons UnifiedOpcodesDatabase-Reloaded define it like sascm.ini of 8.june2005

08D4=9,create_panel_with_title %1g% position %2d% %3d% width %4d% columns %5h% interactive %6h% background %7h% alignment %8h% handle_as %9d%

in sannybuilder sascm.ini look like this

08D4=9,%9d% = create_panel_with_title %1g% position %2d% %3d% width %4d% columns %5h% interactive %6h% background %7h% alignment %8h%

I thought sannybuilder sascm.ini is based on Plyntons definitions
Isnt it ?

#2 06-12-2007 23:36

Midnightz
Website

Re: sascm.ini and param order

ZAZ wrote:

By creating opcode.txt to be able convert MB>SB,
does it overwrite the sascm.ini ?

I have no idea what opcode.txt is for... 
I don't think it changes that when you convert your code from MB > SB.

ZAZ wrote:

I thought sannybuilder sascm.ini is based on Plyntons definitions
Isnt it ?

No, I'm pretty sure SB's INI is written by Seemann.

As for the whole param order issue, I don't know of any list of differences between these INIs... if I did, it would surely help me too when rewriting all my code to be compatible with CLEO etc.  *sigh*

Hopefully Seemann will answer you but beware, he's quite busy these days.
-Midnightz

Last edited by Midnightz (06-12-2007 23:37)

#3 07-12-2007 07:43

Seemann

SB's SASCM.INI based on space's SASCM.INI from 25.11.2005. Since this date I never changed the param order, only update the descriptions (mostly in 2007).
Sadly, MB's, SB's and Pynton's INIs have a few opcodes with different order each. So, we have 3 different INI now. To convert script from one INI to another you can use Xieon's converter which can be runned via menu Tools\Code Converter\Source Converter, or decompile it with Sanny Builder (best way)

The opcodes.txt only used in F1 search function and Opcode Search Tool.

#4 07-12-2007 15:38

Midnightz
Website

THANK YOU for stating that decompiling it (instead of using converter) will swap param order around as needed.  Thanks also for explaining the purpose of the opcodes.txt file. 

Do you plan on updating the opcodes.txt to match the INI that spaceeinstein uses today?  (some ops are missing in the search thingy)  Also, why did anyone ever swap params to begin with...?  I mean, the only thing I see that needs changing (regardless the INI) are the descriptions.  *confused*

P.S.  With all due respect to spaceeinstein (I think he's a rockstar), but I find PLPynton's INI more accurate in terms of descriptions most of the time.  (ex. if an opcode says car in the desc. even though it's for all vehicles = confusion)  I would like to see SB's default INI improved in this manner.   wink  I have to look at ALL INIs and compare descriptions to be certain I am using opcodes correctly... which is just silly and time-consuming. crazy  It's also confusing for a newcomer... like me.

P.P.S.  Regardless the INI, I know some things are standard coding but get lost in translation:

0 = should always be OFF
1 = should always be ON (unless 1 = OFF and 2 = ON)
DESTROY = should imply destruction, NOT removal/deletion
DELETE/REMOVE = are the same, to be rid of something
RELEASE = let go

Sorry for the rant, just sharing my opinions/preferences/and a few facts. smile

#5 07-12-2007 16:06

Seemann

Do you plan on updating the opcodes.txt to match the INI that spaceeinstein uses today?

Take space's INI, replace SB's one with it and decompile original main.scm. Run tool "Make opcodes.txt" to update your opcodes.txt. If this file doesn't contain some of the opcodes, it means originally they were never used.

And I don't want to start yet another holy war about INIs. Let it stay as is now.

But if you see an opcode described incorrectly/wrong, feel free to say about it.

#6 07-12-2007 16:38

Midnightz
Website

Is your answer "NO" to updating the opcodes.txt?  Or are you just telling us what we can do in the meantime until the next SB is released?  The missing opcodes I'm referring to are ones that space uses in his mods.  (they function)  What reason would you not want to include functioning opcodes?  Please explain.  smile

No holy war here, just asking because I thought SB was setting the standard for all GTA coding - with corrections and improvements as it's developed?

I have found many incorrectly described opcodes... My point: Why would I take the time to post them if you're not going to use them?  This is the impression you're giving me.

I only want to help so please share your intentions with regard to these things.  smile

Thanks, wink
-Midnightz

#7 07-12-2007 16:50

Seemann

Is your answer "NO" to updating the opcodes.txt?  Or are you just telling us what we can do in the meantime until the next SB is released?

In fact, I DO update opcodes.txt and sascm.ini before any new release of SB (at least for the last 3 or 4 releases). You can do everything with yours SB files (update, delete, leave as it, whatelse)

The missing opcodes I'm referring to are ones that space uses in his mods.  (they function)  What reason would you not want to include functioning opcodes?  Please explain.

The "Make opcodes.txt" tool scans the current opened file and lists all opcodes in the output file (opcodes.txt). It's the way I use to update this file (firstly I update SASCM.INI with new descriptions, decompile original main.scm with it, and run "Make opcodes.txt"). Sure, there is a huge number of opcodes that were never used in original file, that is why it does not present in the opcodes.txt (see how this tool works). But it does not mean you can't use these opcodes or whatever. If you see some missing opcode just add it to the opcodes.txt manually.

I have found many incorrectly described opcodes... My point: Why would I take the time to post them if you're not going to use them?  This is the impression you're giving me.

Ok, post them. I'm not good in English, maybe some terms were used incorrectly, you should know it better wink IF it's an obvious error, I'll fix it.

#8 07-12-2007 18:05

Midnightz
Website

Seemann regarding opcodes wrote:

Sure, there is a huge number of opcodes that were never used in original file, that is why it does not present in the opcodes.txt (see how this tool works). But it does not mean you can't use these opcodes or whatever. If you see some missing opcode just add it to the opcodes.txt manually.

I understand that, what I'm asking is:  Why won't future SBs include these opcodes?  Are they EXE dependent?  Do they pose potential problems?

Seemann regarding descriptions wrote:

Ok, post them. I'm not good in English, maybe some terms were used incorrectly, you should know it better wink IF it's an obvious error, I'll fix it.

Alright, I will start writing a list and post it in the near future.

#9 07-12-2007 18:10

Seemann

Why won't future SBs include these opcodes?

Which one, for example?

#10 07-12-2007 18:22

Midnightz
Website

Off the top of my head:
07DE is in your INI but not in opcodes.txt
(you said you generate a new opcodes.txt based on your INI pre-SB release?)

As for opcodes missing in your INI, I only stumbled across a few...
I will have to go back and find them again.  *sigh* When I do,
I will post.

wink -Midnightz

#11 07-12-2007 18:43

Seemann

07DE is in your INI but not in opcodes.txt

Because original main.scm doesn't contain this opcode.

The "Make opcodes.txt" tool scans the current opened file and lists all opcodes in the output file (opcodes.txt). It's the way I use to update this file (firstly I update SASCM.INI with new descriptions, decompile original main.scm with it, and run "Make opcodes.txt"). Sure, there is a huge number of opcodes that were never used in original file, that is why it does not present in the opcodes.txt (see how this tool works).

#12 07-12-2007 18:52

Midnightz
Website

I knowwww tongue Ugh, lol. Why can't you distribute an opcodes.txt that includes ALL known opcodes?

#13 07-12-2007 19:26

Seemann

Because I have no time to sit and search what opcodes among 2,5k in total are missing in original files to include in the opcodes.txt

#14 07-12-2007 20:24

Midnightz
Website

Okay...

Can I ask you to please create a topic/checklist (I haven't seen one?) for specific things you need help with to update Sanny or CLEO and all of their docs/texts?  This way, you don't have to ask for help - people will either provide it or not... AND they have a starting point.  You can pick and choose that which you wish to include or discard and if there are discrepancies in what is posted, people will find/correct them for you - thereby, saving you the hassle.  Additionally, it may help you stay more organized when crediting others for info/help etc.

Just my thoughts on this...
wink

Board footer