#1 27-10-2013 22:39

specksavers

Audio stops working when CLEO 4 is installed? (All help appreciated)

Hello,
I play GTA SA on version 1.1 (I believe).

When I install CLEO 4 and start the game, it starts up fine and doesn't crash. The sound from the first cut scene/mission bit at the airport is fine but after that all the sound around stops apart from the car radio (when in a car). If I load a saved game the sound also doesn't work.

I feel it is to do with the CLEO.asi file because when using CLEO 3 the sound works perfectly. Also if I install CLEO 4 but then swap the CLEO.asi with the CLEO 3 .asi the sound works (but obviously the mods don't).

Because of this sound problem Ive always used CLEO 3, but I have always dreamed of the SAPD-fr mod which doesn't work on CLEO 3. Instead Im forced to use the 'CLEO 3 friendly' police pursuit mod (which kinda sucks).

Please help me and give me any suggestions, any help would be soooo appreciated !!!
Thanks for all your time.

(Also if you know any other police mods that work with CLEO 3 and have a traffic stop feature, please let me know!)

Last edited by specksavers (27-10-2013 22:40)

#2 28-10-2013 07:15

Seemann

Re: Audio stops working when CLEO 4 is installed? (All help appreciated)

Do you have bass.dll installed?

#3 28-10-2013 11:36

specksavers

Seemann wrote:

Do you have bass.dll installed?

Yes I do. Thanks for the quick reply! smile

EDIT: Actually I didn't mention that I'm on Mac. Ive always used Mac for my games and various porting software always does its work. Maybe the bass.dll is different for Mac?

Last edited by specksavers (28-10-2013 11:45)

#4 28-10-2013 11:47

Seemann

http://gtaforums.com/topic/479156-cleo-help/
same problem here.

Update guys, I was wearing headphones, and I noticed the sound isn't completely gone, but it's so soft it's not even noticeable unless you turn the volume all the way up, at which point it's just quiet.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but anyway. The radio, cutscene audio, and weirdly, the water sound effects still work properly.

I believe, there is a conflict between your audio card and bass.dll, so the sounds are gone. Try to update your audio driver and also bass.dll from here http://www.un4seen.com/

#5 28-10-2013 12:06

specksavers

There is a Mac Bass - but I can't find a bass.dll in it. Ive tried the windows one and nothing sad
Thats a shame, any other little things I could try? Maybe an older bass.dll?
What does Cleo 3 use?

Thanks for all the help!

EDIT: I can also hear everything extremely quietly with big speakers, is there not a way to amplify the sfx by 20 times or anything in the code?

Last edited by specksavers (28-10-2013 12:36)

#6 28-10-2013 14:01

Seemann

CLEO 3 uses a tiny internal library allowing to play .mp3 files only, whereas CLEO 4 adds a lot of opcodes to work with different sound files using an external lib BASS.dll and its features. It's also possible to use 3D-stuff when playing sounds with the BASS.dll

Unfortunately I can't help you much with that.

#7 29-10-2013 23:48

specksavers

Awww okay. Thanks for the help. Do you know any other Cleo 3 police mods with traffic stop?

Board footer