#1 12-11-2015 14:55

oasiz

Commandline compilation - automation (GTA3)

Long story short, I have a working race/checkpoint mission generator that tries to abstract coding away as much as possible. I need a simple standalone package for generating .scm files that people can test easily on their copy of GTA3 with a quick test cycle. Ultimately going to combine these in to one big .scm on my end.

So far the chain is roguhly:
Coordinate mapping tool -> Process coordinates / params in to .SC (pre-compile) -> Compile in SB -> Copy .scm to /data/

What I am looking for is a reliable "stand-alone" way to compile stuff in SB using commandline & parameters.

As far as I understand, the SCM.ini has to be correct and defined in the settings file.
A stub of GTA3 (Folders /text/ and /data/, sans gta3.img) seem to be enough for a successful compile.

Right now I have everything figured out except compiling in SB without actually opening the IDE.
Preferably I'd want to have a singe button that does everything after you're satisfied with the coordinates, I'll just script the rest.

I can see changelogs referring to \compile flag but I must be missing something since it just opens the IDE normally.

#2 13-11-2015 19:19

oasiz

Re: Commandline compilation - automation (GTA3)

Found the solution through \compile flags and specifying the input/output files properly. This can be closed.

Board footer