#1 21-05-2008 18:59

Jackie47

Can a CLEO script duplicate the effects of Clothes.DAT?

Is it possible for a CLEO script to duplicate the effects of Clothes.Dat or to otherwise load a second data file that does the same thing?  I ask because I discovered while making a mod that SA apparently stops reading the clothes.dat file after a certain number of lines - which can cause crashes and bugs.  I'm working on a player replacement that needs a lot more haircut DFF substitutions for different hat models - but implementing my work causes the clothes.dat file to not load correctly.

Thanks in advance,
JC

#2 22-05-2008 09:59

Seemann

Re: Can a CLEO script duplicate the effects of Clothes.DAT?

No. I guess you reach the limit for the clothes entries, so it doesn't matter how you would load these ones, the game will crash anyway.

#3 22-05-2008 12:29

Jackie47

Re: Can a CLEO script duplicate the effects of Clothes.DAT?

clothes.dat doesn't contain clothes entries - you are thinking Shopping.Dat

Clothes.dat contains essentially IF - Then codes that will hide certain models and replace them with others should a third model be loaded.

Example:

exclusive wedge
setc cowboy head tramline -
endexclusive wedge
cuts wedge cs_wedge
cuts tramline cs_tramline

That code in clothes.dat only applies when the file wedge.dff is loaded to the player model (exlcusive wedge)  The SETC line says that if the cowboy.dff file is also loaded to the player model, then whatever model is loaded in the head slot (head) will be replaced by tramline.dff (tramline) and use whatever texture was already loaded for that slot (-).  The CUTS line says that whenever a cutscene is loaded and the wedge.dff is loaded, wedge.dff (wedge) is replaced by cs_wedge.dff (cs_wedge).  The second CUTS line says the same thing except that it applies to tramline.dff and cs_tramline.dff instead.

There are other functions of clothes.dat, but this was the function I need to move to another file or script because mine became really long due to a complex matrix of models that I needed loaded to prevent clipping with the hats.

- JC

- JC

Board footer