#1 17-12-2009 22:47

robertom2002

{REQUEST} In-game map editor

Cal someone make a in-game map editor with cleo ,like when you aim at something you can edit and to add object press a key ? You could use the pistol to spawn objects and the num keys for more advanced stuff ...And organise obj in categories.
And it would be aweosome to save as ipl but if there is no way ,just to save as any file ...but save !
Im asking this beacause i tryed using MED and mta race map editor and they both crash allot ....If someone could make this it would be aweosome ,i want to make a parkour map and im hopeless ...I know this stuff takes allot to do but il do anything for it ...
Also i really can't script ,i suck at math and never wrote a line of code in my whole life , i tryed to learn but i don't understand a thing .Please help me out...

ps like the planter mod but more advanced and with save so you could actualy test your map in realtime !

#2 18-12-2009 05:30

Den_spb
Website

Re: {REQUEST} In-game map editor

i tryed using MED and mta race map editor and they both crash allot

MED works normally. So, I think, nobody will write this script. Look for an error in your actions.

i tryed to learn but i don't understand a thing .

Start with simple things - for example, placement of vehicles or weapons.

so you could actualy test your map in realtime

It is impossible. It's necessary to restart all game for loading changed map.

Last edited by Den_spb (18-12-2009 05:33)

#3 18-12-2009 10:02

robertom2002

Too bad there is no "FULL" tutorial anywhere ...And if you do something wrong in MED it crashes while playing or on the loading screen ,and you will never know what is wrong beacause it just crashes  ,at least if it had a log and told each object is the problem .You have to start all over...
Thanks for responding smile

#4 18-12-2009 23:11

Den_spb
Website

Too bad there is no "FULL" tutorial anywhere

SB help has enough information, and there is this topic. Also it's advisable to learn codes of finished simple scripts. It's realy to write easy scripts without special knowledge.

And if you do something wrong in MED it crashes

What did you do in MED?

#5 19-12-2009 01:16

robertom2002

Not necesarily in MED ,both in MED and MTA race ditor ! that just sucks...

here look at this map ,the location is on the highest building is san andreas on top ,you know where's the parachute .This map is for a parkour mod that i didn't make and that's why you can't parkour properly beacause that mod has wallrun wallstop etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2-fEMG0JQU
with or without the mod it crashes ,and it crashes on certain areas . Look on it a bit and tell me what's wrong beacause i don't get it...i want to use dyom to make parkour missions but what to do with dyom if even the simple sa crashes ?? The map is like 5% completed but if it crashes like this i can't make it .
I really don't know whats wrong ,it crashed like 40 times and everytime i tryed to edit so it wont crash but the same .

Last edited by robertom2002 (19-12-2009 01:17)

#6 19-12-2009 02:07

robertom2002

I checked the tutorials allot and i don't understand a thing ,now i really want to learn how to script can anybody make a better tutorial like all the are variable , integrers functions more detailed description etc. and wich covers most of codding ? I was serious about never writing a line of code in my life.The articles in sannybuilder is confusing and mos of the tutorials.They start like you already  know how to script
For example:
// This file was decompiled using sascm.ini published by Seemann (http://sannybuilder.com/files/SASCM.rar) on 13.10.2007
DEFINE OBJECTS 389
DEFINE OBJECT SANNY BUILDER 3.03     
DEFINE OBJECT INFO                     // Object number -1
DEFINE OBJECT KEYCARD                  // Object number -2
DEFINE OBJECT AD_FLATDOOR              // Object number -3
DEFINE OBJECT KB_BANDIT_U              // Object number -4
etc...

As you can see it defines the objects that will be used in the main.scm, there is 389 of them like said on top (DEFINE OBJECTS 389). To add an object just go to to last one and add yours.

It doesn't say what is defining a object ,why is defining a object they just told you can add one of yours .

I'l thank all my life for a full tutorial ,am i really lost and can't learn SB scripting ?

Last edited by robertom2002 (19-12-2009 12:22)

#7 19-12-2009 15:00

Den_spb
Website

Not necesarily in MED ,both in MED and MTA race ditor ! that just sucks...

I don't know a reason of bugs, but I think it is not due by map-editing programs. My game didn't crash with your IPL.

am i really lost and can't learn SB scripting

You can write CLEO-scripts. It's easier for beginners than editing of main.scm.

#8 19-12-2009 17:45

robertom2002

I wanted to say cleo scripting but isn't that the same you just add the {CLEO.CS} thinghy  ? Can you make a tutorial for it please ? Or anybody ? Wich explains all a beginner needs to know and maybe even more...?
I want cleo beacause it works in sa-mp too

edit(my map crashes if you stand on something ,i think you were flying there)

Last edited by robertom2002 (19-12-2009 17:46)

#9 19-12-2009 18:49

Den_spb
Website

I wanted to say cleo scripting but isn't that the same you just add the {CLEO.CS} thinghy

What do you not understand? You should write code with commands. Each line has only one command. Commands (opcodes) have parameters - colorful text. Parameter can be constant number (dark-red color) or variable (blue color). Variables are global (with $) and local (with @). You can use only local variables in cleo-scripts (except some global variables: $PLAYER_ACTOR, $PLAYER_CHAR...). Many of opcodes called check-opcodes. They are used for testing of something. You should start code with command

{$CLEO}

. Command

0A93: end_custom_thread

is used for finishing cleo-script.

,i think you were flying there

I stand on your objects.

#10 19-12-2009 19:12

robertom2002

Well yeah it starts with {$CLEO} but what is player-actor or player_char ? whats the difference betwen them ?
If i want to make something like
if variable a =1
and in front is a solid object
then move player up a with runhning speed and running animation
and if there's no more object in front then jump in front

or if the player falls from x metters shake the screen etc.

Isn't all this scripting like if x is pressed and f=0 then do that etc. ?
I wan't to recreate the parkour mod i posted but i don't want to look at that file beacause i don't understand shit .
Or for example ,how to make the player ,camera? 
I want to learn all about it but there's no place for it and zaz tutorial is a  too advanced  for me ,i need so much help

#11 19-12-2009 19:33

robertom2002

look i tried to make him perform a animation but it doesnt work what's wrong ?

{$CLEO .cs}
:WALLDEMO
03A4: name_thread "WALLDEMO"
wait 1000

01B4: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR can_move 1
if
0AB0:  key_pressed 0x10
then
0393: $PLAYER_CHAR perform_animation "POOL_SHORT_SHOT" at 1@ times_normal_rate
end
0A93: end_custom_thread

also where can i find a list of animations he can perform and all the list of commands and what does it do ?
How to move a player up while running ,can you also help me with the things i posted up?
And i beg you,can you make a tutorial on cleo ?

Last edited by robertom2002 (19-12-2009 20:25)

#12 19-12-2009 20:25

Den_spb
Website

Well yeah it starts with {$CLEO} but what is player-actor or player_char ? whats the difference betwen them ?

Both these variables means player (CJ). You should use $player_actor with opcodes, which contain word "actor". You should use $player_char with opcodes, which contain word "player".

look i tried to make him perform a animation but it doesnt work what's wrong ?

I changed your code:

{$CLEO .cs}
wait 0
while true
    repeat
        wait 0
    until player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)
    repeat
        wait 0
    until 0AB0:  key_pressed 0x10
    04ED: load_animation "POOL"
    repeat
        wait 0
    until 04EE: animation "POOL" loaded 
    0605: actor $PLAYER_ACTOR perform_animation_sequence "POOL_SHORT_SHOT" from_file "POOL" 4.0 loop 0 0 0 0 -1 ms
    while   0AB0:  key_pressed 0x10
        wait 0
    end
end

Russian-language SB help has much more information, for example, cameras and animations of actors. I can not write tutorials, because I do not have enough free time now.

Last edited by Den_spb (20-12-2009 14:29)

#13 19-12-2009 20:52

robertom2002

well thanks for that code , can you make a tutorial in your free time ? wich explains all the things? I didn't understand why you put while true thing ,and repeated i didn't practicaly understand 99% of that code instead of perform_animation_sequence.....wich its obvious ...Il wait even months but please help out a newbie or i don't know anybody else feel free to make a good tutorial.
Thanks in advance for all your help

#14 20-12-2009 14:27

Den_spb
Website

Look SB-help: Coding-Loops.
I used while true...end because this code must be run anytime. Player must be defined, nonexistent player can't perform animation. So, I use waiting untill player will be defined. If condition (player defined) was satisfied, then code will be run forward. After that, I use waiting untill button will be pressed. Before I can use animation, I should load file with animations to memory (04ED). After that, I use waiting untill file with animations will be loaded, because if I will try to use unloaded animation, game will crash. After that player performs animation (opcode 0605). At last, I test, if button was released (else animation will be run again and again while button is hold). If it's true, code will be run again, else I use waiting.
May be I will do tutorial later, but it's difficult to do tutorial, which will be understandable for beginners. The practice is the best method of education.

#15 20-12-2009 15:42

robertom2002

Ok thanks allot for the info ,i think il better wait...

Board footer